Moving day can be tough. There are so many things to take care of before moving into your new home that deciding what’s for dinner always ends up last on the to-do list. Luckily, we’ve got some special Moving Day recipes to share with you. Casserole dishes are a favourite when it comes to quick and easy meals. The convenience of one pot is exactly what you’re looking for on moving day.
Hearty Chicken Casserole
Hearty and filling, this casserole is a great way to use up the last veggies and seasonings left in the fridge and pantry.
- Thick-bottomed, ovenproof casserole dish with lid
- 4 boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 box of liquid soup stock
- 2 tbsp cooking oils (olive oil, butter or margarine)
- 4 tbsp seasonings, or to taste (Any leftover complimentary seasonings ie: salt, pepper, herbs, lemon juice, mustard, etc.)
- 1 cup seasoning veggies (such as onions, peppers, garlic, etc.), sliced or minced
- 3 cups large veggies (such as carrots, broccoli, potatoes, etc), sliced or cubed
Note: All these directions take place in the same casserole dish on the stove top, until the last steps.
- Sauté chicken until lightly browned
- Sauté seasoning veggies until soft
- Add large veggies, seasonings and soup stock
- Bring to a boil, then cover with lid
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees
- Remove when veggies are tender and serve!
Have you tried this recipe? Tell us how it turned out in the comments!
photo credit: idovermani via flickr