A hectic moving day means the less time spent cooking meals, the better. Feeding your family fast food and take-out isn’t your only option for a moving day meal. That’s why we love casserole dishes. It’s easy to serve a healthy, home cooked meal when you have the right recipe. This delicious tomato risotto is made using only one pot and one utensil. It’s also a great way to use up any extra cans of stewed tomato left in your cupboard.
Tomato and Feta Risotto
- Thick-bottomed, ovenproof casserole dish with lid
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 large can of stewed, chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups greens, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp salt
- Sauté chopped greens and onion with cooking oil in bottom of casserole dish
- Pour in rice and stewed tomatoes, stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Pour in vegetable broth and add salt, stirring all ingredients together
- Bring to a boil, then put on lid and place in oven
- Bake at 400F for approximately 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and mix in feta cheese
- Spoon into bowls and serve hot!
Have you tried this recipe? Tell us how it turned out in the comments!