For many, decorating for Halloween can be even more fun than making costumes. The only downside to decorating is that once Halloween is over, you need to put everything away. To many of us, it can be really tempting to take down a few items and just leave the rest for later. Unfortunately, the longer you wait, the more of a hassle it becomes. Snow and leaves can build up after a short amount of time, potentially ruining your decorations.
Instead of leaving your decorations out for a long time, use some of our storage tips to ensure that everything is stored properly. If you follow these tips you’ll have a much easier time setting up for next year’s Halloween.
Tips on how to store your Halloween decorations
- Firstly, take an account of how many boxes and storage items you have. If you’re in need of boxes, all TWO MEN AND A TRUCK locations have boxes for sale. Once you have confirmed that you have enough boxes, label each of them clearly so that you don’t have any trouble finding each of your items next year.
- Store your boxes in a dry and cool environment. If you’re storing your items in a basement or a garage, make sure that they’re away from areas that contain heat and moisture.
- Pack a box that has all of your key Halloween essentials. This differs for everyone but could include a staple gun or electronic cords for lights.
- Pack fragile items in packing paper or in bubble wrap. Avoid using newspaper for packing material, as the ink can rub off on the item and stain it.
- Use inserts or dividers in boxes to make individual cells for packing small but delicate items.
- Store your coloured lights in a dark place to prevent them from fading. This is especially beneficial for black and orange lights.
- If you keep your fake cobwebbing, store it in a plastic bag to keep it from sticking to everything else.
- Pack your Halloween costumes in a wardrobe box. The boxes are specially designed to store clothes on a hanger just like a closet. This will prevent your costume from wrinkling and getting tangled for next year.
- Finally, write a list of everything that you have. Reference it next year, as it will allow you to avoid buying duplicates of Halloween items.
We hope that you’ve found these tips helpful, as they will ensure that your Halloween items are properly stored and can be used for many years to come.