This last year hasn’t been easy, to say the least, especially in the middle of a pandemic. Most of you have had to learn from home or work from home and it may have not been the ideal situation.
We are slowly starting to transition back to normalcy and we understand that in a few months some of you will be going back to college or university for in-person learning.
At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK, we always want to ease your stress when moving is involved. Moving into college or university comes with its own challenges whether it is emotional or physical stress.
Therefore, we put together 5 moving tips for college or university to help ease your and your family’s stress
- Start planning your move as early as possible. Collecting boxes and moving supplies takes time. Don’t wait until the last minute! Start packing non-essential items (such as seasonal clothing) immediately.
- Clearly label all boxes. This not only makes unpacking and moving into your new home is easier, but it can also help you decide what not to unpack yet if certain items are not needed right away.
- Get a Hand Truck or Moving Dolly. This will not only speed up your move into the new residence it can save you from some unpleasant back pain. If you don’t own one and can’t borrow one, you can easily rent them.
- Don’t over-pack boxes. Remember, the heavier the item, the smaller the box. Placing heavy items things like books into smaller boxes makes them easier to carry.
- Pack similar items together. This will help the student prioritize unpacking without making a huge mess.
If you would like to call us for your move, you can get a free quote here