Packing can sometimes be a tedious process. Especially when you’re packing fragile items, such as fine china, glassware, cups, etc. it can sometimes be difficult to assess your items so that they don’t break during a move.
At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK, we always to make sure that your move is as seamless and stress-free as possible. We have put together 5 packing tips for breakable items here:
- When wrapping up glasses and cups, stuff packing paper inside for extra protection.
- Put the heaviest items in the bottom of the box and place lighter items on top.
- Always leave room for extra packing paper near the top of the box. When the boxes are stacked in the moving truck, you want to make sure there is enough room between your breakables and anything sitting on top of them.
- After you’ve packed everything up, and before you tape the box close, give it a shake. If you hear any clinking or shifting, you probably need to re-pack a few things
- Make sure both ends of the box are securely taped up. Use several layers if you’re not sure!