As exciting as moving can be, it can also be an extremely stressful and tedious process. If you’re about to have a long-distance move, we know that there is a lot of planning involved in the process. However, you need to remember that although planning and ensuring all of your belongings will make it safely to your new home, you also need to ensure that you have everything you need during your move.
We have put together 7 essential items for your long-distance move:
- Drinks & Snacks: It’s important to carry bottles of water and snacks during your move. Keeping yourself hydrated and having snacks to keep your energy levels up is extremely important.
- License, Insurance, & Registration: If you’re driving your car, ensure you have everything necessary in your dashboard. It woud be a hassle drive back to your previous home and pick them up if those were forgotten.
- Spare Tire: You never know what can happen on the road. Its important to carry a spare tire just incase something goes wrong.
- Blanket & Travel Pillow: In the event that your drive to your new destination will take several hours, having a blanket and a travel pillow will allow you to rest comfortably for a little while before continuing your jouney.
- Anti-bacterial wipes: Its impportant to carry these with you because you dont know what you’re touching if you make any stops along the way. You can even carry hand sanitizer.
- Music: A really great playlist for a long-distance drive is essential! How else are you going to enjoy the ride?
- Overnight clothes: Theres no harm in carrying an extra t-shirt or two, incase you want to change out of your move clothes.
These are our 7 essential items for your long-distance move! Let us know if you have any other ideas for essential items in the comments below!