Moving is never easy. It takes a lot of energy and planning to pack up a household, transport it and then set it all up again. From booking the right people and coordinating the timing, to finding everything you need, it can be stressful. The following checklist will help you complete your move in a stress-free way:
1) Double check all closets, drawers and shelves, in addition to the attic, garage and any storage spaces to ensure they are empty.
2) Carry important documents, money and jewelry with you.
3) Pack toys, games or special items for the kids to keep them busy during the move.
4) Remember to pack a box of basics that you may need on moving day (tools, paper products, all-purpose household cleaners, etc.) Be sure to have it all loaded last so that it will be the first off at your new home.
5) Don’t pack paint, bottles of bleach, gas cans or other flammables. It is against federal law for movers to transport flammable or combustible material.
6) Use strong boxes and containers that can be secured tightly. Purchase special boxes for dishes, wardrobes and other special items.
7) Pack auto-video equipment in their original boxes. Label cables and tighten screws. Before removing cables, take pictures of the back of the unit so you can hook everything back up the same way. If you are removing screws, tape them to the objects they are removed from.
With these few tips, your home move will go much more smoothly, and leave you to enjoy your new home stress-free.