From internal office moves to the relocation of hundreds of employees and office furniture across town, a corporate move can be tricky business. Below is a list of questions we suggest asking moving companies to make sure they fit your business needs.
- Do you charge extra for moves in the evenings or on the weekends? (You want to make sure it won’t cost extra to schedule your move during non-business hours)
- Is your moving company licensed?
- Does your company charge by the piece or by the hour?
- Are items insured during the move? (Even if a mover is bonded and insured, it doesn’t mean that your items are covered during the move. Some provinces require a company put a valuation of 60¢ per pound of coverage.)
- Do you have any extra charges for larger items or extra flights of stairs?
- Do you charge for the travel time from your office to my business?
- What kind of cancellation policy do you offer? (You should always be able to cancel or postpone until a few days before your move.)
- Do you have a contact number for the day of the move should any challenges arise?
Ask these 8 questions to any corporate relocation company, and your business move will go off without a hitch!