Having a detailed plan in place will ensure your office move goes smoothly. To provide an efficient move for our business customers, we suggest following these business moving tips.
Moving Tips for Businesses
- Clearly label all items and boxes with the destination location to expedite your business move.
- Communicate with your employees to ensure they know their roles and responsibilities prior to and during the move.
- Label the equipment and furniture to be moved along with where they should be positioned in the new building.
- Prepare all computers and electronics for moving. If equipment is leased, contact leasing company to see if they prefer to move the equipment.
- Provide us with a copy of the new building floor plans prior to your business move. This ensures proper access to loading and unloading areas is identified.
- Be sure movers have access to loading and unloading areas.
- Parking meters must be capped, and the main flow of traffic should be clear throughout the move. This includes parking lots, sidewalks, elevators, and hallways.
- Movers do not have experience as electricians or plumbers – be sure to contact other professionals to make sure your equipment is safely disconnected and reconnected. Once disconnected, we can then move them on to their next destination.
Use these tips to keep your office running smoothly doing the busy moving process.