TWO MEN AND A TRUCK’s new junk removal services are ideal for those who are moving, completing cleaning projects around the home, downsizing, renovations, business or estate cleaning, garage cleaning, and more. But how much does junk removal cost you to call in the pros to haul away unwanted items?
With our specialized junk removal trucks – separate from our standard moving trucks – our professional team can haul away your unwanted junk, from one large furniture item to several small pieces. This is charged based on truck utilization, usually measured in 1/8 cubic foot increments. Although, there are some items we can’t take and here’s the list:
Items we can’t move during junk removal:
- Any medical waste or medical supplies
- Household trash or garbage
- Any liquid-based items, hazardous materials, wet paint, chemicals, household cleaners, HAZMAT materials, propane or other flammable items, oil filters, batter, or mercury-based
Items that may be restricted (please check with your local office for government/provincial regulations):
- Appliances with liquids such as AC units, freezers, or dehumidifiers
- Appliances that aren’t emptied
- Heavy and dense materials like concrete, asphalt, dirt, brick, roofing shingles, and other miscellaneous debris
- Yard waste, including trees, brush, grass, mulch, sod, and other vegetative waste can be hauled away within certain guidelines. Many disposal facilities can recycle this material, so it shouldn’t be mixed in with other junk. However, sod, dirt, or mulch may have capacity limitations due to weight.
- Tires generally aren’t accepted at disposal facilities, however, you can contact a local tire recycle centre or business to see if they can take them
- Electronics which could be considered e-waste, including CRT televisions
For all questions on junk removal and what can or cannot be moved, please contact your local TWO MEN AND A TRUCK franchise.