We’ve helped a lot of people through the moving process over the years, and we’ve learned a thing or two about preparing for a move. If you’re about two weeks away from moving house, you’re probably beginning to feel a little stressed. The big day is coming up soon!
To make sure little details don’t fall through the cracks, we’ve put together a list of things you should take care of about two weeks before your move.
1) Make a “survival closet” of things you will need for the final clean-up and include a snack for the last day.
2) If you decide to pack yourself, label all the moving boxes as you pack. Write the destination room on the top and sides of each moving box to ensure it gets to the right place in your new home.
3) Schedule disconnects for gas, electric, water and the telephone. Don’t disconnect the phone until after your move. Arrange for refunds that are due, and schedule connections for your new home.
4) Cancel newspapers, cable TV, security, pest control, cleaning help, lawn maintenance and any other services you receive.
5) Mail in your Change of Address forms
6) Arrange to transfer all records, including school and medical.
Now that you’ve taken care of these tasks, you can sit back and take a bit of a break. Not for too long, though! Moving day is slowly approaching, after all!