Sometimes moving your business can be challenging, this is why we have put together a list just for you.
TIPS FOR A SMOOTH OFFICE MOVE:
- Conduct a pre-move conference with office managers
- Communicate with your employees to ensure they know their roles and responsibilities prior to and during the move
- Practice “good labeling”
- Provide floor plans and drawings to your moving company
- Ensure any necessary elevators are reserved in advance
- Ensure loading docks are reserved in advance
- Ensure enough parking for moving trucks is available on the day of the move
- Limit employee participation on move day
- Make sure all electronic equipment is powered off. “Sleep mode” is easily mistaken for “off” and unplugging equipment in this state can cause damage.
We are professional movers and not electricians or plumbers – be sure to contact your other professionals to make sure your equipment is safely disconnected and reconnected. Once disconnected, we can then move the equipment to the next destination.