With all the comings and goings on moving day, it’s hard finding a minute to catch your breath. When dinner time rolls around, why not take that moment for you and your family? Get a break from the hectic day by sitting down together over a nice warm bowl of homemade soup. There’s no need to order take-out! With this easy One Pot Recipe, comfort food is only one pot away.
Rice and Veggies Comfort Soup
After a busy moving day, take a moment to sit down and curl up with the warmth and comfort of homemade soup.
- Soup pot with lid
- Soup ladle
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cups soup stock or broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups thinly chopped veggies (ie: carrots, celery, peppers, potatoes, onions, etc)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- salt, pepper and other favourite seasonings
- Sauté veggies in the bottom of the pot with cooking oil until soft
- Add the broth, water and seasonings to the soup pot and bring to a boil
- Add the rice, reduce heat to medium-low and cover with lid
- Cook for approxiamtely 30 minutes or until rice is tender
Have you tried this recipe? Tell us how it turned out in the comments!