Moving into a condo can be similar to moving into a house – with a few key differences. Our professional movers have seen it all during our years of condo moving. We’ve put together these 5 tips to keep in mind before, during, and after your condo move.
- Book your time with the service elevator early, especially if you are moving on the first or last of the month. These are the busiest days for moving and the elevators tend to get booked up early.
- Verify that your condo doesn’t have an agreement with one cable and internet service provider. You want to be able to transfer your services without cancelling your current contract.
- Ask your building manager if there are any special moving rules, such as no moving before 7am or after 9pm.
- Take measurements of all your living spaces. You don’t want to move your furniture to the new condo, only to discover your favourite sectional sofa just doesn’t fit with the layout of the living room.
- Ask your building manager where the garbage and recycling bins are located. You’ll have lots to recycle and throw away after unpacking everything.