The Great Canadian Blog Bash is a yearly event where Canadians from across the blogosphere get together and celebrate just what it means to be Canadian. For the Great Canadian Blog Bash we’re sharing some Canadian-specific moving tips.
Canada Moving Tips
- June 30th and July 1st are the busiest moving days of the year in Canada – everyone gets an extra day to move and unpack! Be sure to book your movers months in advance if you’re moving on these days.
- You’ll need to go to your local Canada Post office to complete your change of address forms.
- The Canadian revenue agency allows some moving expenses to be written off at tax time.
- It snows right up until May in some years. Don’t pack your winter clothes away too early!
- If you’re moving to or from a cabin or cottage in the fall, beware of all the sticky sap seeping out of the maple trees surrounding you. You don’t want your boxes to get all sticky!
- When driving to your new house, be careful of moose and beavers crossing the road!
Alright, so it got a little silly at the end. Hopefully some of these moving tips will help out our fellow Canadians! Do you have any moving tips to add? Let us know in the comments!